Four, Five Seconds Pre-Production Evaluation

To complete this preliminary task I worked in a group with six other people and chose to re-create the music video to Four, Five Seconds by Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney. The video lasts 3 minutes and 12 seconds and to story board the video we split into three groups, taking a minute each. I worked with two others to story board from minute 2:00 to 3:12.


Within my smaller group to story board we split the tasks up between our strengths; I took the role of the timings and annotating while my partners did the drawing. By doing this we were able to create an accurate story board. After creating the story boards as a whole group we began to plan the music video. We decided to film the first minute of the music video, as we felt this minute would be achievable to create an effective looking music video with the knowledge and experience we have. 
We decided that Tegan would be Rihanna and that we would ask drama students to act the other roles. By doing this we were able to film people who were confident and at ease in front of the camera, allowing the music video to look as professional and accurate as possible. During this time we also planned when we would film the video and sourced the props we needed such as the denim jacket and guitar.   

From this section of making the music video I have learnt how important planning is to a music video and how vital it is to create an accurate story board with the correct timings. I also learnt how in depth the story board needs to be allowing me to deepen my knowledge of camera shots and analyse skills when watching music videos. To improve upon this I would like to make my story board look more accurate and slightly neater, however the one made is still easy to understand. During this part of the process we followed the conventions of a performance music video, as we story boarded our music video to fit closely to the professional version. By doing this I was able to learn key skills within planning to help me with my own music video.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Potential Songs

Lighting And Location Preparation